Ok....onto what I've been thinking about today.
I spent almost 4 years teaching spinning while we lived in Enid, and I loved the outlet it gave me, the people I met, and the relationships that developed through a desire to have fun and be fit. Spinning is a passion of mine, and being an instructor gave me a chance to be dedicated and intentional about pursuing what I love.
Since moving to Phoenix, our temporary home for just three months, my teaching schedule is non-existent. Our temporary condition has forced me to become a consumer rather than a provider. I now attend 6 classes a week instead of teaching 6 classes a week. The first couple of classes, it was very difficult for me to shut off my brain and just ride. I had to remember that I wasn't there to evaluate, nor was I in front of the class. My job was to listen to instruction, listen to my body, and just ride. Now, almost a month into the routine, I am realizing the importance of this new role I'm occupying.
Consuming allows me to refill, and recharge. It allows me to see someone else with the same passion executing a mission very familiar to me, and being a consumer allows me to be inspired in fresh new ways. So, my take away? If you are a teacher, go take a class. If you are a competitor, be a spectator. If you are a pastor, sit in a pew. If you are a doctor or nurse, let someone take care of you. If you are a mom, act like a kid every now and then. Keep your passion alive by consuming on a regular basis. Give your self some perspective, the chance to sit back, participate and remember why you love what you love.
And finally, my life in comics. The Sunday funnies hit the nail on the head this week. I just had to share. If you can relate, I hope these give you a few good giggles!
LOVE THIS! Great observation. As consumer you will also get a notion for how/ what you would like to share in a learning experience for your next adventure!
ReplyDeleteI saw these comic this weekend and knew you would be rolling on the floor! Thanks for sharing all the delightful insights and thoughts....go Falcons!